Chandeliers are not only a beautiful addition to any room but also a great source of light. They come in various designs, sizes, and shapes, which makes them an ideal option for any home or business décor. However, because of their position, it is challenging to clean them regularly, and this could lead to a build-up of dirt and grime that makes them look dull and unattractive. But have you ever wondered how to professionally clean a chandelier? In this post, we offer tips on how to do it right, so you can keep your chandelier looking great for years.
- Turn off the lights and let the bulbs cool before you start cleaning your chandelier.
- Separate all the removable parts of the chandelier, including the glass drops, bobeches (the cups that hold the bulbs), and other parts. Make sure you place all the parts gently and safely on a soft surface to avoid any breakage.
- With a soft-bristled brush, clean the inside and outside of the light fixtures, which could be covered with a layer of dust. Use a soft, lint-free cloth to wipe away any remaining grime, dirt and polish the brass, metal, or any other material. Avoid using any strong chemicals, particularly if you aren’t sure about their safety for your materials.
- For crystal chandeliers or those with glass droplets, mix a bucket of warm water and gentle dish soap. Dip each piece in the soapy solution and use a microfiber cloth to clean the surfaces. Be gentle and avoid touching the wiring or the sockets. When you are done, rinse with clean water and dry each piece from water spots and stains. Avoid soaking any metallic parts in water.
- Finally, reassemble all the parts of the chandelier, making sure that they are attached correctly. Then, switch on the lights and admire the sparkling effects of your charming chandelier.
Cleaning your chandelier is not an easy task, but it is crucial to maintain its beauty. By following the above tips, cleaning your chandelier like a professional is achievable without worthy investment hiring professional cleaning experts. However, if you have a particularly difficult or delicate chandelier, don’t hesitate to contact our professional chandelier cleaning company for help. With regular chandelier cleaning, chandeliers can provide an elegant, sparkling ambiance for your home or business for years.